Customers who shoot small songbirds (warblers, etc.) have requested us to design a lightweight and highly portable monopod to kit together with their small or medium Jobu gimbals and smaller telephotos. Shooting small, flightly and jumpy birds In the field can be highly frustrating as they often move from bush to bush and are extremely hard to track - by the time you move your tripod and refocus they are already somewhere else. A monopod gives you substantially more freedom of movement while completely eliminating vertical camera-shake and partially eliminating side-to-side vibration as well.
Bundle your Jobu Jr.3 or LW3/HD3 head with this monopod for freedom of movement, lightweight packing and dramatically improved stability over hand-held shots. Your camera's optical image stabilization will improve dramatically as well.
Pan and tilt your lens in your gimbal and avoid needing to tilt the whole monopod forward or backward to shoot up or down.
Your gimbal will allow perfect friction free tilt movement - in a class of it's own compared to old-school full-friction monopod-tilt heads - these old designs are NOT meant for smooth movement at all.
Small footprint. The low weight and single contact point allow your monopod to take up nearly no room next to your fellow photographers in the bush, or fellow spectators in the bleachers (yes, they are GREAT for your kids soccer, baseball and gymnastics events!)
Absolutely useful for video cameras, point and shoots and landscape photography as well!
1. 4-leg section- twist lock
2. 8x carbon fibre tubes
3. Extended 163.5 cm tall = 64.5”
4. Collapsed 50.5cm = 19.5”
5. Maximum load = 5kg, 8lbs (VERY conservative rating, we have overloaded this to over 30kg with no harm, but the rating is meant as a recommended camera weight guide). We will have a bigger monopod for monster lenses.
6. Top tube: 28mm Diameter
7. Weight 420grams = 26oz/1.6lbs
8. Reversible top-stud (1/4”-3/8”)
9. Includes: bag, wrist strap, belt-loop, wrench and allen keys